Thursday, January 12, 2012

DIY Valentine Wreath!

I did my very first DIY Pinterest project!
And I have to say, I am so happy with the result!

I found this idea and pinned it on my holiday board and I couldn't wait to recreate it myself.  
It appeared to be very simple which is a bonus for me!

The kids really missed all of the Christmas decorations and kept asking about them so I was eager
to get started on this project so that we could move on to the next holiday!

My inspiration photo used a heart floral form but after visiting 3 different stores and no luck
finding a heart I decided to just go with a round form.
Also, my inspiration used red fabric, but I had this huge section of red felt that I had no use for 
so I decided to use it instead.

I cut out TONS of red squares, probably 3 x 3 inches in size, but since my craft time is very limited I just eyeballed it.  No time to measure over here!


Then, you just stick a pencil in the middle of the square, dip it in glue (I just borrowed some of the 
kid's school glue) then push it into the foam.  


I didn't take pics of the entire process, but you get the idea.  You just cover the entire thing with the squares.  I didn't even bother covering the back, just the front and sides.  
And here is what I ended up with!


Cute, right?!?!? 
I found that cute little ornament thingie at Joann's and just pinned it to the back of the form
with a straight pin.  Then I hung it to the door using fun ribbon and a Command hook.  



I've got a few more ideas for the mantle that I'll share with you soon!
What about you?  Do you decorate for Valentine's Day?

1 comment:

  1. Very cute!!! and oh my, that is A LOT of squares!!! I need to do some Valentine sprucing at my house, but I feel like I just took down the Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE and appreciate your comments! Thank you so much for stopping by!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...